Friday, June 3, 2011

How Much Would It Cost To Change My Name In Texas?

I have been wanting to change my name for about ten years, but never got around to it. Do you have any idea how much it will cost me to change my name? Thank you for any help.How Much Would It Cost To Change My Name In Texas?I have a friend who had to do it because of a bad situation.She lives in Harris County. Below is what she said in her email:



The lawyers are saying you need to have a background check and finger printed to get your name changed in the court. I completed the task of changing my name at the TDL office today for $10.00.



I also called the clerk at the courthouse and you can go to the Court Library and get the paperwork free to change your name; however the court cost is $220.00



I hope this helps.How Much Would It Cost To Change My Name In Texas?$39.95...

http://www.namechangelaw.com/states/texa



It even tells you how!



Hope this helps!