Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How much will it cost me to change my name legally?

I would like to legally change my name, and want to know how much all the papers and all are going to cost.

*I live in New York*How much will it cost me to change my name legally?You probably need to see a Family Law Practice attorney in NY. Most attorneys do not charge for the initial consultation, so make a few phone calls.

In some cases, it is very cheap. My wife is an attorney and when she was attending law school, her family law class had a bunch of cases from Legal Aid. There were some contested divorces, some uncontested, and one name change. My wife got the name change. The professor took the class to court which was presided over by an old judge emeritus, an old judge just doing the mundane work. The professor introduced each of the law students to the court in turn and the judge gave them permission to conduct the case. The court proceeding for a name change is to get sworn testimony on the record in cases of fraud. My wife asked the person their actual legal name, the desired name, and if the reason for changing the name was fraudulent or illegal in any way. The person made all the right answers. The judge looked at the pretty female form sitting in the witness stand and in a very puzzled voice asked, %26quot;Were you REALLY known as Donald?%26quot; It was sometime before the professor had an opportunity to explain to the judge that the name change was a result of a sex change operation! Much giggling went on.How much will it cost me to change my name legally?you can change re-arrange your name from FREE visit www.uk-adult-deed-poll.co.uk

thanks

Report Abuse