Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In the state of Florida, how much does it cost to change your name once you're married?

I plan on taking my fiance's last name, and I would like to know does it cost money to change your name after you're married? I also plan on getting married in the courthouse. But I just want to know if it's going to cost me more money to go through the whole name changing process.In the state of Florida, how much does it cost to change your name once you're married?You will have to pay for a new driver's license( i think its still 20 bucks). first take your mariage certificate to the Social Security office, they will change it for free, then when you get your new s.s. card take it to dmv. as for the courthouse, we didn't pay anything for the name change( that was in 2001 in Pinellas county)In the state of Florida, how much does it cost to change your name once you're married?It doesn't cost anything to change your name through marriage.



You can assume your husbands name upon marriage automatically.