Thursday, November 25, 2010

How much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?

I live in NJ and I'm almost due for my first oil change. I wanted to get an idea of how much it cost for me to get it done. I was thinking about doing it myself but I heard that do other stuff to (like lube your chain, etc). How much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?Is it your first oil change or the first one for the bike?

On a brand new bike the first 3 oil changes should be done by the dealer. After that you can do it on your own.



Do it yourself:

4Qt. oil %26amp; FRAM oil filter, $11

Labor $0. 30 minutes.



Shop:

$50 to $75



What do they do different than what most owners do on their own? Nothing.How much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?$50-75 per hour for labor. Call your local shop and ask them. They will tell you over the phone. Price may vary depending on type of bike you own (cruiser, sport, off-road, etc)How much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?1st service at a shop is more than an oil change, read your book

How much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?lol,and you call yourself %26quot;bikerboy%26quot; ?man up and do it yourselfHow much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?Do it yourself. It's cheap.



$3 for the filter (supertech or wix).

$10 for a gallon of Shell Rotella. (make sure it's not %26quot;energy conserving%26quot; or your clutch is going to slip)



How much does a Motorcycle oil change usually cost?First service is much more than just a lube job.

How much it's going to cost has a direct relationship to what you got for a motorcycle. 1st service on my HD was $300.