Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much does it cost to legally change your middle name in MD?

I'm trying to change my middle name before I graduate next year...I'm 17. I live in Maryland and how much would it cost to change it? And where do I go?How much does it cost to legally change your middle name in MD?You would need parental consent since you have not yet reached the age of majority in Maryland (18) and the cost is around $100. http://www.peoples-law.org/name_change/6

-----------

Name change actions can take anywhere from a month to six (6) months (sometimes even longer). The time it takes for such action to be ordered/decreed varies not only from county to county, but sometimes from courthouse to courthouse as well. Should time be a major factor for you, to see how long a name change at your local courthouse will take to process, you should contact the courthouse where you anticipate filing your particular legal action and ask.How much does it cost to legally change your middle name in MD?Just follow the six steps for Maryland name changes in the following link:

http://www.peoples-law.org/name_change/6

Good luck.