Friday, September 23, 2011

How Much Does A Name Change Cost?

I plan on changing my name -- I live in Texas, if that matters -- and I was just wondering how much it would run me. Also, who would I have to speak to about that?



Thanks.How Much Does A Name Change Cost?The laws vary by state. Here we would do it in District Court. I think at the time I had my name changed, it would have cost $50, but I got it done for free as part of my divorce decree.



Call up your nearest courthouse and ask the Clerk of Court how to get started on that. 鈭犅?How Much Does A Name Change Cost?The last time I checked the filing fee to change your name cost $20. You can get the legal forms, instructions, and everything you need to file for a legal name change at - http://www.legalformsbank.biz/namechange - and you can learn more about the procedure there.
  • lock file
  • ittwit
  •